It’s no secret that the finance within the SPFL is directed to the very top of the game.

Around 83% of all league income is taken by the twelve Premiership clubs. The remaining 17% trickles down on an ever reducing ratio until it reaches club 42 at the bottom end of League 2.

Is this a fair and equitable arrangement? Are the teams at the top the wealth creators so deserve to take the most from the game? By giving out financial rewards to those at the top of the leagues, do we facilitate the biggest getting even bigger, and make it even harder for the teams below to catch them up and be competitive?

%d bloggers like this: